Thursday, May 1, 2014

When the phone rings...







Micah couldn't decide if he was more relieved or disappointed when he woke up the next morning alone. On the one hand Ella being gone meant he hadn't ventured too far from his plans but then on the other he missed her. Instead of dwelling on his feelings he threw himself into a day of improving his skills in hopes of impressing his boss Monday. 


When Monday rolled around he found himself falling onto the couch exhausted from a stressful work day. He barely even noticed his ringing phone before he fell asleep. 


He awoke to a grumbling stomach an hour or so later and drug himself to the fridge to make some salad again barely noticing his ringing phone. 


He was completely shocked when his doorbell rang at 10 pm. He wondered who the heck would possibly be visiting him at this hour. 


When he caught sight of Ella he put together whose calls he'd been ignoring all day and was immediately regretful. "So you are alive!" Ella sighed following him into the house. "I was beginning to get concerned I only called you a hundred times." 



"I'm sorry I had a long day." He said distractedly looking down at her stomach. "Ella-"
"Yes I'm pregnant." She said before he could finish asking. "We need to talk." He attempted to swallow the lump in his throat. "Here's the thing this is not my plan." She said abruptly. "I mean kids are great and all that but I'm just not the doting mother type... I want a restaurant someday and being home changing diapers wont get me there." She looked down at the floor looking almost embarrassed. Of course she had no idea she was saying was actually kind of what Micah wanted. 



"So you want me to raise the baby?" He asked. 
"It is your baby too!" She said taking his answer the wrong way and getting defensive.
"I know," He chuckled. "I wasn't complaining just asking."
"You aren't upset?" She looked at him hopefully.
"Of course not. I have career goals too and I came here with a plan to leave behind a legacy but I was never sure how I could do both since my career needs to be my focus and I'd never have the proper time to give a wife."




"What about a child?"
"Aside from the time I'm at work I'd dedicate everything to them." He smiled bending down to rub her belly. 
"So now what?"
"Now you stay until the baby is born and then we both can get back to our goals."
"What about us?"
"We'll make time once a week to see each other and for you to see the baby if you like." 
"Sounds perfect." She said with a warm smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So very short chapter but for me until there is more then one Sim in the house there isn't really anything interesting going on especially with a traditional career. I did move Ella into the house and was surprised when she brought 13,000 simoleons with her, which I used master controller to get rid of cause it felt pretty cheaty. She wont be with us long however since I rolled single (seems to be a theme for me). Anyway hope you enjoyed, next chapter should be out in a couple days since I'm a bit ahead in game.

























4 comments:

  1. Hm, single rolls are hard to do. Its difficult and annoying to introduce a new character then quickly get rid of them again, but kudos for managing to come up with a story plot for it.
    I hope Micah can handle himself and a baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! Baby has been born in my game and he got really lucky for being one of my sims. Thanks for reading =)

      Delete
  2. I love Micah's teeny tiny little garden! Yay for baby. Hope to see more of Ella too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Darn zombies attack the plants if there is no fence and he could only afford a teeny one.

      Delete